Berlin’s Gateway – The Battle of Kustrin ‘45
- Author: Piers Brand
- Short code: GTBK
- Publication Date: 01 Nov 2023
* important note: all non us customers email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Will quote cheaper shipping rates. Website calculates shipping from US – Do not use contact form on website as it usually filters to spam
ABOUT THIS PRODUCT
Gateway to Berlin – The Battle of Kustrin – 31 January to 22 March 1945
From the creative wargaming pen of Piers Brand, we visit the apocalyptic rehearsal of the downfall of Berlin. The Battle of Kustrin was every inch as terrible and desperate, and for the miniature wargamer, had just as many opportunities to game out the vicious close quarters fighting that took place as in Berlin. Moreover, it features one of the last panzer attacks made by the German army. Over the course of nine scenarios, game out actions representative of the fighting in and around Kustrin. A variety of troop types and weapons featured in the battle, including King Tigers and everything from Wehrmacht Auxiliaries to Volksturm on the German side, and Lend lease Shermans and White Scout Cars, and assault engineers on the Soviet side.
The scenarios are rules-neutral, so feel free to adapt them for use with your favorite rules system. This book will have all you need to game this battle out and will be a jumping point to research even more actions set in and around Kustrin.
The more orders we receive the better book we can produce for you all!
New 200 Pre-Order Stretch Goal Additions!:
Once we reach 200 pre-orders, we have already announced we will include an exclusive Johnny Shumate rendering of the famous photo of soldiers of the 1st Assault Engineer-Sapper Brigade storming a building in Kustrin in the scenario book, as well as include a free teeshirt showing the same design (tee-shirt offer only available for paperback pre-orders, must pre-order by December 31st, 2022, to receive by mid-February). – All people who have already preordered a paperback will also receive this.
We are also announcing once we reach 200 pre-orders Plastic Soldier Company will also offer each of the first 200 pre-orders a 15% discount code for use on the PSC web shop (only for those who order a paperback copy)! Great treat for holiday shopping!
Also, thanks to the generosity The Plastic Soldier Company, the book will also include content specific to Battlegroup, making this book a must have for any Battlegroup player. The added content of special rules and notes in regards using the scenario with Battlegroup will allow players of this system to use the scenarios directly with ease, and its hoped, offer inspiration to players of other systems as to how to incorporate special rules or events in their choice of rules.
Once we reach 200 pre-orders, we will use Battlegroup as an extra section in each scenario, tailoring the scenario for use directly with the Battlegroup rules!
100 Pre-Order Stretch Goal: As of 11/7/22 we reached 100 pre-orders! For all those who have pre-ordered we will release the finalised list of scenarios, and as an added extra we will look at including bonus content on the forces defending Küstrin and Soviet use of lend-lease vehicles during the period. The sooner we hit 100 the sooner we can release this great teaser!
All pre-orders will receive exclusive updates quarterly through pre-order period from Piers, including images, and exclusive snippet previews!
All pre-orders of softbound copies will also receive a free PDF copy.
If pre-order, also will receive (includes non-U.S. customers): 10% off (we’re extending this through the holidays due to demand)! (Both paperback and electronic.)
For stretch goals that provide material incentives, some require paperback only purchase. All those who have pre-ordered as we reach each stretch goal will receive all incentives (material ones contingent upon paperback purchase).
Paperback order only:
- 100 pre-orders stretch goal: Exclusive wargamers set, including twelve miniature wargaming D6 dice, laser pointer, 45 degree arc of fire template, a three-meter tape measure, and a ziplocked carrying case. Delivery by Christmas 2022. (Must order by November 9, 2022 for Christmas delivery – any pre-orders after that will receive wargamers set around mid-February.)
- 200 pre-orders stretch goal: Free tee-shirt (please indicate size) showing exclusive Johnny Shumate rendering of famous photo of Soldiers of the 1st Assault Engineer-Sapper Brigade storming a building in Kustrin (must pre-order by December 31st, 2022 to receive by mid-February).
- 200 pre-orders stretch goal: 15% discount code for use on the PSC web shop (https://www.theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/)
All non-U.S. customers, email us at email@example.com to place order as website will not calculate shipping correctly.
Piers Brand’s books usually sell out within HOURS after release, so be sure to reserve your copy today!
Expected release date November 2023!
|Blood of Ancients||
Paperback, ebook (ePub), ebook (PDF)